We ourselves learned tons about how to put a workshop on, and we would love to do it again! maybe a straw bale sauna? guest house, barn, who knows. It was just so much fun!
Thanks first, photos next!
in no particular order....big thanks go out to:
- Stepha, the workshop cook and our comrade, who cheerfully worked 14 hr days creating delicious, healthy meals, for 34 people no less, in unconventional conditions...plus help set up the outdoor kitchen and prepare for the workshop in general
- the Go Boy for Stepha, us, everyone, set up/ take down dude, the all amazing Travis
- Jen the awesome and hilarious and competent Mud Girls coordinator for this project, and founder of the Collective
- her wonderfully skillful and energetic cohorts Molly and Sheera
- Devora, the incredibly creative and energetic and cheerful child care provider!
- the Participants: Jaylene, Erik, Brianna, Jai'leen, Theresa, Marla, Christine, Badger, Dawn, Dianne, Marianne, Zack, Lauren and 8 1/2 month belly!, Krista, Heidi, Meagan and JJ - we loved meeting you all, endless thanks
- Wren our niece, and neighbour Ayla for helping to entertain the kids!
- Ayla and Robin for contributing desserts and such, Chrissie for the greens
- the beautiful kids Arthur, Willow, Isis, Aquinna, Coast, Rowan and our own Jamie who kept us laughing and smiling
- Becca and Tony the ever pleasant and hard working WWOOFers who kept the gardens from being overthrown by weeds, helped in the kitchen, fed the horses, etc etc...
- Leslie who came in towards the end of the workshop and got muddy, who has helped build our house almost from the beginning and continues to pop in and lend a hand
- our community for having things available to use like giant tent canopies, stainless steel counters and sinks, tables, dishes, buckets for the plastering, and people to visit us and check out what this was all about, and go to town for us for supplies...mucho gracias
- of course, everyone who has ever had anything to do with the creation of this house...
- if i have forgotten anyone, you will let me know, yes?
|DAY 1 - clay slip layer numero uno|
|Day 2 and onward: smiling|
|oh they're so clean!|
|Day 6: creative time|
|The colour I aimed for: straw colour = it worked!|
|Our Fearless Leaders!|
and then we had a community workbee to finish off what we hadn't finished in the workshop...but that's another post!